Saturday, June 2, 2007

Writer's of the Future Rejection

It is official. Writers of the Future posted their list of finalists to be considered by the final judges and my name is not there. On one side I am disappointed that I did not advance. On the other side of that thought is the realization that this is my first submission to this contest and it draws the most recognition among aspiring writers so I am not exactly the only talent submitting a story. Add to this a number of revelations over the last two months about thing I could have done differently in the story.

Overall: no harm, no foul. The posted list was online, so I have not recieved the copy of my manuscript back yet. I am hoping that a stray note may have been made on it, but I have been warned that this is fairly rare. I can understand the judges guarding their advise while hoping still.

I have almost two thousand words done on my manuscript for Script Frenzy so far. I may write some more of it tonight yet. Other than that, I am leaning toward pushing forward on my novel more than another WotF submission. The novel is running around in my head currently, while the WotF stories are hanging in limbo. I will have to decide on Monday.

Hope you have a good weekend!

No comments: