Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Touching the Past: BRATS UNITE!!

Eventful week, although not as much to do with writing as elsewhere. We travelled to South Georgia to spend time with friends and family. Not much sleep, but a good time of catching up. We visited with some old friends who I had not seen since I went to college.

Additionally, I read some information this week about making this blog better. Several things stood out to me, but the two main ones were these:

1) I need to post more often.

2) I need to do more than just talk about my week. At least, if I want to have something that will help others.

Combine these elements and you get to the point of my post. Our old friends are two retired Air Force Sergeants and their wives (one a retired sergeant herself) as well as the daughter of one of the couples. As we talked, discussion ranged to the differences between my growing up and those who are not military brats. It reinforced to me that children of those in the military need an outlet, a way to be helped with their transition to civilian life.

Let me introduce a starting resource.

No comments: